Students Recommend their Go-To Halloween Marathon Movies

AP NEWS

“Fear Street” is a trilogy of movies on Netflix based on the book series by R.L. Stine. The series follows a group of teens taking on evil forces after a string of slayings in their town.

Lamont Jones, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va.- In honor of Halloween being a few weeks away, students share their favorite Halloween and horror movies to watch during the month of October.

What’s New?

• Sophomore Savannah Clark has a list of her personal favorite Halloween themed movies.  
  • “One of my favorites is ‘Beetlejuice,’” said Clark. “’When you rewatch ‘Beetlejuice’ at this age, it’s a lot more humorous and also very sexualized, which is not the best, but it is a hilarious movie.”
  • Her other two favorites are “Hocus Pocus” and “The Addams Family.” From her list of favorite Halloween themed movies, she recommends that people watch “Return to HalloweenTown.” 
  • Senior Ben Riddle’s top Halloween themed movies are “Pet Sematary,” “The Fourth Kind” and “Fear Street.”
  • “‘Pet Sematary’ is another one of those older movies,” said Riddle. “It’s about a place behind someone’s home that has a notoriety to it. You can put your pets in the cemetery, and they will come back to life a few days later, but they’re creepy. One day, their kid passes away, so they decide to put him in the cemetery, and it’s like a ‘Chucky’ scenario.” 
  • Clark and Riddle both recommend that students watch the “Halloween” franchise movies. 
  •  “As far as actual scary movies, it’s the ‘Halloween’ franchise,” said Clark. “To me, they’re not scary, but the way they went about it was humorous at some parts.”
  • “You can’t beat the ‘Halloween’ movies with Micheal Myers. Just because of the creepiness of them, I would definitely recommend them for newer Halloween watchers,” said Riddle.

Why it matters

• Since it is the month of Halloween, many Bridgewater students have their own suggestions and recommendations to add to any holiday watch list 

What is ahead

• Most of the suggestions can be found on various streaming services, such as Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV+, Disney+ and Netflix.