Take a CEAT

CEAT members share how the organization impacts campus 

Whitney Smith

The CEAT team, junior Mae Lotts, sophomores Sam Kreiger and Erica Tiffany, senior Janae Ackerman and junior Sloan Morton the morning of National Rubber Ducky Day when they spread 200 ducks around campus. The team will rise early once more in the semester to hide Easter eggs.

Emily Wylie , Sports Editor 

Bridgewater, Va.- The Campus Engagement and Activity Team, or CEAT, plan and organize most student events on campus. Their impact has not gone unnoticed during the spring semester, as they have hosted multiple events with more to come. 

What’s New? 

On Saturday, March 25, CEAT hosted Karaoke in the K with s’mores and mocktails, the Festival of Colors celebration for Holi, Afrofest and the Farmer’s Market.  

“CEAT’s main benefit is supporting other clubs and organizations to do their own weekly events, like the Renaissance Fair, Holi, Lunar New Year and Afrofest,” said junior Mae Lotts. “We support these clubs and organizations with manpower, ideas or funds, because our main goal is to support others.”

CEAT’s Holi celebration of the Festival of Colors on March 17 brought together many people across campus.
CEAT’s Holi celebration of the Festival of Colors on March 17 brought together many people across campus. Holi is a tradition where people throw colors around in celebration of the Hindu festival.
(Lamont Jones)

Why it Matters? 

“CEAT is important for the college because it allows students to either express themselves pr showcase their talents with events such as BC got talent or the crafts at pop-ups,” said junior Sloane Morton. “Also, especially for meeting new people, CEAT allows for that relaxed space.”

CEAT’s goals are to promote diversity and community on campus. They implement the traditions of numerous cultures at Bridgewater events to celebrate differences and diversity. 

“CEAT is a voice for students, but we are also a resource for help and awareness,” said Lotts. “We are a team of student leaders who try our best to create spaces for students to feel safe and welcomed.” 

First-year Andrew Hall peddles a bike at the Farmer’s Market to make a smoothie.
First-year Andrew Hall peddles a bike at the Farmer’s Market to make a smoothie. The Farmer’s Market was hosted by both CEAT and BC United.
(Bethany Chidlow)

What’s Ahead? 

The remainder of the semester is packed with events and traditions for students to enjoy. 

The Spring Formal is set to take place on April 15, with bigger facilities and student-chosen music

On Founder’s Day, the annual medallion hunt will occur, and sometime soon, Ernie’s egg hunt will commence. However, the date is unknown in order to surprise campus.

“I see CEAT as one of the pillars outside of the classroom and helps you have the extracurricular experience,” said CEAT advisor Sam Huyard. “I think they have a big impact on campus from what students have shared, even if they can’t name CEAT. You can see the impact of the events they host.”