Brite Bus Stop Shelter Built On-Campus

Local Bus Transportation Service For Bridgewater College Students

Henny Soto

Pictured is the newly built Brite Bus stop shelter on Dinkel Avenue outside of Dillon Hall. The BRCC Bus makes several scheduled stops on-campus Monday through Friday.

Angel LaBoo, Staff Writer

Bridgewater, Va. – This semester a new shelter for Brite Bus Transit Services was installed on Dinkle Avenue outside of Dillon Hall. BC students can take the Blue Ridge Community College shuttle either north to Harrisonburg or south to Staunton. 

Brite Bus is for the residents of the Shenandoah Valley and it connects Staunton,Waynesbro and Augusta County. The bus route network comprises 250 Connector, Stuarts Draft Link, BRCC Shuttle, Waynesboro Circulator, Afton Express Route and Staunton North and West Loops and Downtown and Saturday Night Trolley. 

“My experience riding the Brite bus was awful because they don’t communicate what stop you are at,” said sophomore Ali Bencroft. “The guy driving the bus would randomly stop the bus and get off without saying anything and have his breaks. He would then get on the bus and still not say anything and start driving again. I wouldn’t recommend anyone riding the Brite Bus, because they don’t tell you where you are going and the only way you can know where you are going is on the website. They had no direction on the Bus.”

The Brite Bus Transit Service is a way for students to get around if they do not have transportation of their own. The bus that comes to BC is called BRCC Shuttle. BRCC stands for Blue Ridge Community College shuttle. The shuttle comes to BC five days a week.  

“My experience riding the bus was good for the most part. Since it was my first time riding the Brite Bus, I asked the driver to tell me when I reached my destination,” said sophomore Henny Soto. “He was very kind and said he would let me know when I got there. I would recommend taking the bus, but I would tell them that they will have to be aware of where they are going and to sit at the front of the bus, so if they have any questions they can ask the bus driver.” 

There are two different routes within the transit service. On the route map, the BRCC North route is blue and the BRCC South route is yellow. 

The north route is every Monday through Thursday 6:50 a.m. through 11 p.m. and Friday 6:50 a.m. through 6:00 p.m. The south route is Monday through Thursday 7:15 a.m. through 10:30 p.m. and Friday 7:15 a.m. through 5:30 pm.